Asking the right questions to help you define and then delight your market to deliver growth.
Marketing activity can use up time and money at a rapid rate and sometimes leave a business wondering what has been achieved. On other occasions it can lead to an influx of new leads but, perhaps, not quite the work you were looking for.
To get the most out of your investment in business development it is vital to start with a clear marketing strategy. A well developed strategy allows you to target your resources at areas of optimal opportunity. Critically it also ensures you are clear on what your proposition is and how you differentiate yourselves from the opposition.
A marketing strategy will also help address your brand experience and ensure this is meeting the expectations of your target market. Put simply, if your marketing promises a service experience you are not delivering then your reputation will suffer. In turn that will mean potential clients will not be recommended or encouraged to do business with you. Then any spend on marketing is highly unlikely to deliver the returns you seek. To read more about building a brand and creating positive differentiation from your competitors CLICK HERE
If you feel that you are finding it difficult to differentiate yourselves from the competition, if your marketing activity isn’t delivering as much as it could, or if it is time to reassess your target market we can help. Here are a few of the questions we use to help you diagnose where the opportunities lie. After that we can work with you to devise and deliver a whole new approach to your business development.
- Do you have a clearly defined brand position designed to win you work?
- Is your brand delivering for you or does it need refreshing?
- Is your brand aligned with your target market?
- Do you deliver a consistent brand experience in every department and location?
- Do you know who your ideal clients are?
- Are your targeting your marketing activities to the opportunities that exist?
- Is your marketing strategy defending your existing client base?
- Do you have a strategic plan for work generation that meets your financial plans?
- Have you segmented your market and decided where best to focus your attention?
- Can you articulate why you are the right people to do business with?
- Do you know what makes you better than the rest?
- Have you decided the services you won’t offer as well as the ones you will?
- Are you agile enough to respond to new business opportunities?
- Are your marketing plans regularly refreshed and reviewed?
- Do your collate and respond to customer feedback?
- Are you managing your business pipelines?
- Do you have processes in place to convert your leads?
Your brand is formed primarily, not by what your company says about itself, but by what the company does” Jeff Bezos
For brand and marketing solutions, training programmes and coaching CONTACT US